Just successfully completed 07-486 exam in first attempt. Total Hours logged in preparation were about near to 20.
As i can’t spill every bean that was in the test, but still can give general idea about how it was.
- 3 Case Studies – i thought those would be less. But it was fun doing it, each had more questions than i expected. 6, 10 and than 7.
- 22 Multiple Choice/ Code completion questions.
- Custom Mvc Model Binder related to composite value
- No SignalR question. I thought there would be one.
- Multiple design questions related to css/ html
- Web Farms
- State management
- Azure Worker Roles and RDP Configuration management/ X509 Certification
- Authorization/ Authentication, how to limit access to user.
- MVC Routing/ Mapping
- Some questions related to http Handlers and Module implementation choice based on the problem given.
Overall, it was nice experience and if i hadn’t been working with asp.net mvc/ asp.net – it would be really hard to pass it through. Still, i could have done better if i studied as some of the questions were so in depth and we rarely use those kind of stuff and real application, or not care too much about how small things work. So, please analyze your expertise with asp.net mvc and try following study guides out there.
I did follow, http://www.bloggedbychris.com/2012/11/06/microsoft-exam-70-486-study-guide/ and also go through tutorials at asp.net site for mvc4 and mvc5. The exam also includes the questions related to MVC5.